Thursday, September 9, 2021

New Arrivals: The Sale Succumbence Part 1

When I'm frustrated. I buy books.

When I'm stressed. I buy books.

When I want to celebrate. I buy books.

All of which have let to a ton of book buying over the past month. Especially since there were not one, not two, but three huge sales during the period. And I just can't resist a good book sale.

First up we have the stunning Halloween editions of Stephen King's Carrie, Rose Madder and The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. Since these are about to go out of print I just had to grab them to go with the boxed set of the other Stephen King Halloween editions I picked up last year two years ago (what even is time?).

Then I picked up The Doors of Eden, The Human, The Light of All That Falls and Shadows of Self at a 15% discount. All of these are part series I want to get to or finish soon.

Reader's Warehouse had another Big Sale where you get an increasing discount based on the amount of books you buy. Of course I had to go for the maximum discount - 50% off for 10 items or more.

An eclectic collection to be sure, but they were cheap. So why not?

Later in the month Reader's Warehouse would tempt me once again. Who wants to guess how that turned out? (Find out in Part 2...)

No comments:

Post a Comment