Thursday, January 3, 2019

2019 Reading and Blogging Goals

2019 Goals: Less anxiety please

A new year means new goals and in 2019 I want to focus more on having fun, both with the blog and with my reading.

Due to work stress, my PC giving up the ghost, and an overwhelming amount of other commitments the blog had to take a backseat in mid-2018. The blog started to feel like a chore. Instead of enjoying working on posts I became increasingly anxious about all the books I HAD to read and the reviews I HAD to write.

This year I've set myself just 3 goals:
  • Read 30 books.
  • Review more.
  • Read more comics.

Read 30 books: I don't want to set myself a huge reading goal. 30 books should be manageable and still allow for reading huge tomes and long series.

Review more: I want to try to post more reviews, these might take the form of quick thoughts or monthly wrap-ups with a short paragraph about the books I read during the month. I'll have to play around and see which format works best.

Read more comics: In 2018 I discovered the world of comics and I really enjoyed the titles I managed to get to. I have a couple of trades still waiting to be read and I hope that I'll be able to expand my horizons a bit further.

This year I'm giving myself permission just to have fun with the blog. I don't want to worry about content, about writing reviews or reading books according to a schedule. I want to rediscover the joy of reading and using it as an escape from all the stress and gloom of the real world.

I hope you'll join me on my journey. Let's have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment