Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Best Reads of 2015

That's it. 2015 is done and dusted. Well, almost.

Looking back on the year I have to confess that I didn't manage to read nearly as much as I would have liked. With a new full-time job and the added responsibility of my freelance work I've discovered just how precious having time to read can be. My goal for the year was to read 25 books. I thought that it would be a breeze to achieve, but I barely managed to make it. If it wasn't for a brief week-long vacation over December I might have failed miserably.

While my reading might have lacked in quantity it certainly didn't lack in quality. Here are my top 5 reads for the year in no particular order.

THE TRAITOR by Seth Dickinson


For making me care so much about the characters and then betraying me every step of the way. Read full review.

Under Ground by S.L. Grey


For keeping me guessing until the very end. Read full review.

Slow Bullets by Alastair Reynolds


For its intimate, character-driven story, its epic scope and the utterly haunting ending. Read full review.

Dark Intelligence by Neal Asher


For providing that unique Asher magic - a high-tech, action-packed cinematic space opera extravaganza in book form.

Legion by Brandon Sanderson


For its brilliant concept and the sheer amount of humour and suspense crammed into just 80 pages. Read full review.

***

For future reference here is my Goodreads 2015 infographic:


Here's to a 2016 filled with even more amazing books and enough time to read them all. Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment