Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Quick Update

Back in 2011 I started a Wheel of Time challenge. The original plan was to read all thirteen of the books in order to be ready for the release of A Memory of Light, the last book in the series. I managed to get to the 7th book, A Crown of Swords, before my interest just fizzled out and I kept getting distracted by shiny new releases.

This year I'm trying again; whatever happens I'm going to push myself to finally finish the series. Most of the WoT books are lengthy tomes which  take quite a while to get through. Unfortunately that means that I might not be able to get to books I want to review as quickly as I'd like.

My TBR-pile is really getting out of hand and I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by all the books I want to read. There just aren't enough hours in the day. I'm a reasonably fast reader, but even so it will take me around four years to read the books I already own. I think the realisation that you'll never be able to read all the books is the hardest thing any avid reader must eventually face.

Let me know if you have read read the Wheel of Time series. Was it as daunting  an undertaking as it is for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment