Monday, October 31, 2011

Lots of New Arrivals

I think I went a bit overboard with book purchases this month. My latest batch is a whopping 15 books, but what else is a bibliophile to do?


I ordered 14 second hand books from Better World Books. Most of them are hardcovers and I'm very pleased with their condition. The box the looked like it suffered some very rough handling, but aside from one or two bent corners the books survived unscathed. According to the shipping label the package weighed in at a hefty 20 kilograms. I guess I'm giving the phrase "buying in bulk" a whole different meaning!

I bought:
Voyage and Titan by Stephen Baxter
Red Claw by Philip Palmer
Against Gravity by Gary Gibson
Infoquake by David Louis Edelman
The Hunter's Blades Trilogy by R.A. Salvatore
Glasshouse and Saturn's Children by Charles Stross
Mars Life, Saturn and Titan by Ben Bova
Antarctica by Kim Stanley Robinson


I also bought the gorgeous new edition of Neal Asher's Line War to complete my reissued set of the Cormac novels. The older editions found a good home with a budding science fiction (and Asher) fan.

I received two novels for review:
The Riddler's Gift by Greg Hamerton
Running Black by Patrick Todoroff


2 comments:

  1. what a great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow great stack!

    I read The Riddler's Gift and enjoyed it, I hope you do too :)

    ReplyDelete