Monday, December 17, 2018

New Arrivals: The Early Christmas Edition

I haven't had much reading time over the past month, but that hasn't stopped me from acquiring more books. I guess that's the way it goes....

First up I took advantage of some black Friday sales. Who could say no to 20% off already low prices?


This is an eclectic collection of books, mostly fantasy, due to the fact that I had to grab anything that grabbed my attention to get a large enough order for free shipping from Reader's Warehouse.

The titles I ended up with were:
Traitor Queen by Trudi Canavan, The High Druid's Blade and The Fall of Shannara by Terry Brooks, Radiance by Catherynne M. Valente, Sword of Destiny and The Lady of the Lake by Andrzej Sapkowski, The Boy on the Bridge by M.R. Carey and The First Collected Tales of Bauchelain and Korbal Broach by Steven Erikson.


Two other titles I ordered earlier also arrived at around the same time. Blackwing by Ed McDonald and Persepolis Rising by James S.A. Corey.

For Review

I've saved the best for last. Christmas seems to have come early with a true plethora of books arriving for review.




From the awesome folks at Jonathan Ball Publishers I received an amazing haul:
Edgedancer, Snapshot and Skyward by Brandon Sanderson, Elevation by Stephen King, Thin Air by Richard Morgan, Angels in the Trenches by Dr Leo Ruickbie, War of the Wolf by Bernard Cornwell, Time's Convert by Deborah Harkness, Shattermoon by Dominic Dulley and Assassin's Creed Infographics by Guillaume Delalande.

Tor Books sent me The Moons of Barsk by Lawrence M. Schoen. It seems to have been delayed in the post, but I'm glad it got here.

I'm excited to dive into these. Now if someone can give me a pocket of portable time I'd be golden!



No comments:

Post a Comment