Monday, May 1, 2017

New Arrivals: The Awesome Edition

These past couple of weeks have been hectic at work and for some reason I just couldn't focus on reading. My brain decided it wanted to be a hyperactive, depraved book butterfly on a sugar high, flitting from one book to the next, but not able to settle on one for more than a few minutes. I've started more than 5 books, but none of them managed to keep my attention.

However, that didn't keep me from ordering more books...


FOR REVIEW:

Our local publishers/distributors are absolutely amazing and they were kind enough to send me some more review copies.


First up from Pan Macmillan SA:

Infinity Engine by Neal Asher - I've already read and reviewed this and it exceeded all my expectations. A stunning conclusion to the Transformation trilogy. Highly recommended.
The Collapsing Empire by John Scalzi - One of my most anticipated new releases of the year. I will hopefully get to this very soon.
Skull Sworn by Brian Staveley - An author I've been meaning to try for ages. This is a standalone novel which promises to be a good entry point to his work.


Jonathan Ball Publishers sent me:

The Weight of the World by Tom Toner - This is the second book in a series, so I will first have to track down and read the first before I can get to this one.
Slow Bullets by Alastair Reynolds - A novella by one of my favourite authors. I really loved this. It's astounding how a 200 page novella can contain a fully developed space opera and pack so many themes into such a small package.

No comments:

Post a Comment