Monday, January 14, 2013

New Arrivals

eBooks Bought


I didn't get any books for Christmas (a terrible downside of having family members who think you have WAY too many books already), but I did manage to get my grubby little paws on some ebooks courtesy of a Kobo gift card I received. Normally I would prefer having the actual print copies, but combined with a 40% discount voucher the ebooks were just too good to refuse (and they were much easier to smuggle past the family).

I bought:
Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi
Existence by David Brin
In The Mouth of the Whale by Paul McAuley
The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson
Songs of the Earth by Elspeth Cooper

For Review


I received three books for review. Jonathan Ball sent me Stephen King's The Dark Tower: The Complete Concordance by Robin Furth which is a complete encyclopaedic reference to the Dark Tower series. I'm planning on doing a complete reread of the series so I'm sure I'll refer to this often.

Pan Macmillan SA sent me a copy of Great North Road by Peter F. Hamilton and Empire of Light by Gary Gibson. Great North Road is a huge tome so it will take me quite some time to read, but being a huge Peter F. Hamilton fan I can't wait to get started.

Thanks Andrea and Kelly for the review copies!

No comments:

Post a Comment