Thursday, February 9, 2012

New Arrivals

Procrastination provides solace for a weary soul. What can be more comforting than the knowledge that you can put something off for yet another day? That's my excuse and I'm going to stick to it!

I've been so busy with other things that this new arrival post is more than two weeks overdue. So, before I get lost in yet another bout of procrastination here's the latest batch of books I received.

Pre-loved books:
I ordered these from Better World Books just before Christmas and they arrived a week before the end of January (yes, this post is THAT late).


Science Fiction:
Coalescent, Exultant and Transcendent by Stephen Baxter
Chronoliths by Robert Charles Wilson

Fantasy:
Prince of the Blood by Raymond E. Feist
Ascendance, Transcendence and Immortalis by R.A. Salvatore

For Review:

Pan Macmillan SA was kind enough to send me a review copy of Halo: Primordium the second novel in the Forerunner series. Isn't that cover just amazing? I can't wait to get to it. Thanks Kelly!

***

On the reading front things are tough. I'm a month behind in my reading for the Wheel of Time challenge. I'm currently busy with book four, The Shadow Rising, and need to read book five, The Fires of Heaven, by the end of the month in order to get back on track. Those books are tomes, so I doubt I'll manage it.

I also need to get round to reviewing The Revenge of the Dwarves by Markus Heitz and The Rogue by Trudi Canavan which have been waiting for far too long, but before I can do that I first need to play catch up with the previous novels in the respective series's. I guess I'd better get back to reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment