Thursday, March 1, 2012

New Arrivals


This year I'm trying to cut back on my book buying. I managed to get through January without buying any books, but I failed miserably at my goal during February. I bought a total of 24 books. Roughly half of those were used books, but I also placed some pre-orders for paperbacks being released over the coming months.

The latest batch arrived last Friday, but I only managed to get round to taking some photos today.

Books bought:


The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien
(I've been looking for a single edition of this for quite some time. I think I'm due a re-read sometime soon.)
Kraken by China MiƩville
The Ambassador's Mission by Trudi Canavan
Nova War and Stealing Light by Gary Gibson
Under the Dome by Stephen King
WWW: Wonder by Robert J. Sawyer
Learning the World by Ken Macleod

If you've read any of these let me know what you thought of them.

2 comments:

  1. I keep seeing Trudi Canavan's books in shops, but have yet to pick one up. I take it you'd recommend them? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to get back to you on that after I've actually read them. I received one of her latest ones for review, but need to get caught up with the backlist first.

    People who have read them seem to have enjoyed her work. I think the Black Magician's Trilogy might be aimed more at the YA demographic.

    ReplyDelete