Thursday, August 4, 2011

New Arrivals

My "book buying ban" went the way of the Dodo and I'm not too sorry that it did. Today I received the first of two parcels from Better World Books. These are all secondhand hardcover copies. When buying new I can normally only afford paperbacks, but BWB's prices for secondhand hardcovers are actually the same as new paperbacks if you order in bulk (5 or more books, which I normally do!).

I got:
Beneath the Gated Sky by Robert Reed
Marrow by Robert Reed
The Well of Stars by Robert Reed
The Android's Dream by John Scalzi
Marsbound by Joe Haldeman
Thud by Terry Pratchett
Making Money by Terry Pratchett


My only disappointment is that the dustcover of Beneath the Gated Sky has a large triangle cut out of it. Who would deface books like that? The horror!


2 comments:

  1. Hi KJ, I've given you a blog award: details here

    Shelagh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone cut a triangle out of a book? That's awful! Poor book :(

    Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete