Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Bookish Tech: My TBR Cart

While I haven't been buying a lot of books lately I seem to have gotten into the habit of buying bookish related things. After getting a laptop desk reading desk, my latest acquisition is another thing I didn't know I needed in my life until I saw a BookTube video by Sarah Hearts Books showing off her TBR cart. I blame her for putting the idea in my head. I searched far and wide to find a similar product in South Africa and finally found one.

When the cart arrived it wasn't quite as advertised. It different considerably from what was pictured, but according to the seller this was an 'upgraded' version. The seller has since removed the product from Takealot, so I'm kinda stuck with the one I got. And after going through the whole assembly process I didn't want to send it back and start the search all over.

My main concern is that the wire mesh of this cart is quite thin, so I'm not sure how durable it will be in the long run. I normally try to push things to their capacity, but I'll take it easy on this one. Just in case...

Over the years piles of books had mysteriously appeared around my room. They seem to have been breeding and on a mission of complete conquest. Having conquered the territories of my desk, my bedside table and my spare chair they were steadily advancing on my bed. I had to act before it was too late. The idea behind getting a TBR cart was to bring some semblance of order back to my room. 

A cart was the ideal solution since it would provide easily moveable storage space, would reduce the clutter and just looked bloody cool. And I'm please to say it delivered on all fronts!

In the end I managed to put all 40 books I had scattered around the room into my handy new TBR cart. It immediately made my room look much neater and best of all I still have loads of space to spare. I think you could get around 70 to 80 books in there if you had two rows of books per tier. Since I'm not sure how much weight the wire mesh will hold I'm playing it safe and not pushing it to its limits.

The TBR cart has made a huge difference to my life. Despite the hefty price (everything is more expensive over here) I think it's well worth it. It's like a mini-bookcase. On wheels! Who wouldn't love that? I highly suggest you look into getting one of your own. It's just so handy, even if you just use it as additional shelving space.

No comments:

Post a Comment