Saturday, March 21, 2020

New Arrivals: The Panic Edition

With everything going on in the world right now we need to find joy in the small things. For me that means buying books. The process of opening a newly arrived package and smelling the sweet aroma of new books provides an immense sense of comfort.

Since March is my birthday month I decided to spoil myself with a couple of books. The first two batches are books I ordered as a birthday gift to myself. I ordered these in February, but they took a while to get here.



And then the world went crazy. The first COVID-19 cases started to appear in South Africa, our currency nosedived and things are looking more uncertain as the number of cases increase daily. There was a flash book sale on a local online site. The selection of SFF titles wasn't great, but that didn't stop me.


I know nothing about these comic trades. They were cheap. I bought them.


The Lovecraft omnibus editions were total cover buys. I just love their pulpy horror look. The rest were the only science fiction and fantasy titles left, so I got them all.

Some people panic buy toilet paper, I buy books.

Wash your hands, stay isolated with some good books and be safe out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment