Monday, July 29, 2019

Reading Rush 2019

This past week I took part in my first ever Reading Rush (previously Booktubeathon). For those not familiar with Reading Rush it's an annual readathon which lasts 7 days and has some fun challenges you can try to do.

Since I would be working the entire week I opted to read a book which would be able to meet the requirements for the most number of challenges. The book I picked was The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. le Guin which fulfilled 4 of the challenges. I made the mistake of using "curled up in bed" as my reading spot which resulted in me falling asleep after hectic days at work with barely anything read.

After The Left Hand of Darkness I picked up Dodger by Terry Pratchett. This was a much faster read and by Saturday I moved on to Stephen King's novella, 1922. I watched the Netflix adaptation of 1922 and was absolutely blown away with it. It's one of the best movie adaptations of King's work I've seen in a long time and captures the tone and psychological horror of the story perfectly.


In the end I managed to read a total of 792 pages, finished 2 books and 1 novella and completed 6 of the challenges. Not bad, but not great either.

It was fun, but I realised that a full-time job and readathons don't quite mix...

Did you participate in Reading Rush? How did you fare?

No comments:

Post a Comment