Wednesday, September 28, 2011

New Arrivals

This week I received a great collection of books for review.


First up is Manhattan in Reverse by Peter F Hamilton. This is a collection of short stories by my favourite space opera author. The photo doesn't do the cover justice. Both the title and author name is embossed, which gives it a nice 3D look and works very well with the futuristic artwork.

The second book I received is Heirs of the Blade by Adrian Tchaikovsky. The cover is simply amazing. I love the covers Jon Sullivan did for Neal Asher's books and it seems he's just as adapt at creating stunning artwork for a fantasy series. Unfortunately I haven't read any of the other books in the Shadows of the Apt series so it's going to be quite some time before I can get to this one. I have a lot of catching up to do.

A huge thanks to Kelly from Pan Macmillan SA for sending these to me.


The second batch of books I got consists of a reissue edition of Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson, a very shiny hardcover edition of The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore and Hell Ship by Philip Palmer.
 
Thanks to Adeline from Penguin Books SA.

***
I'm in absolute book heaven right now. So if you guys don't hear from me for a couple of weeks you'll know the reason why!


No comments:

Post a Comment